- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a medium bowl, mix together the chopped spinach, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Lay the chicken breasts on a cutting board and with a sharp knife held parallel to the board, cut a pocket into the long, thick side of each chicken breast, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Stuff each chicken breast with an equal amount of the spinach mixture. If needed, use toothpicks to secure the chicken breasts closed.
- Brush the tops of the chicken breasts with olive oil, then sprinkle with dried basil, paprika, and a little extra salt and pepper.
- Heat an oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken, stuffed-side down, and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is nicely browned.
- Flip the chicken over and place the skillet directly in the preheated oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through (internal temperature should reach 165°F/74°C).
- Allow the chicken to rest for a few minutes before serving. This gives the juices a chance to redistribute throughout the chicken, making it juicier and more flavorful.
- Enjoy your Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts with a side of steamed vegetables, salad, or a portion of rice or quinoa!
Remember, always be careful when handling raw chicken, wash your hands and any surfaces the raw chicken touches to prevent cross-contamination. Enjoy your cooking!